The Illinois Tollway and Illinois Police District 15 will host the 9th Annual Family Safety Fair to help keep children safe and parents, grandparents and caregivers worry-free – every trip, every time. It’s September 24 from 10 am to 2 pm at 2700 Ogden Avenue in Downers Grove.
The free event brings fun and safety together with family friendly entertainment and activities and the opportunity for free kids’ identification cards and child safety seat inspection and installation.
- Child safety seat inspections and installations and free identification cards for children ages 3 and older
- Exhibits showing the importance of wearing seat belts including the Roll 15 rollover simulator, the Convincer crash simulator and Drive for Life, a hands-on, behind-the-wheel experience that demonstrates the dangers of drinking and driving
- Touch-a-truck display offering exploration of roadway and emergency vehicles, including a Tollway H.E.L.P. truck, a 26-ton snowplow, Illinois State Police squad cars and a SWAT tactical response truck, Lisle-Woodridge Fire Protection District fire truck and ambulance and a Pace express bus
- DuPage County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management public education vehicle featuring interactive demonstrations on emergency preparedness
- Entertainment including DuPage Children’s Museum interactive exhibits; a visit by Dude the Parrot, KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark’s mascot; an inflatable bounce house and face painters for kids
- Walgreens offering immunizations and details on its new safe medication disposal kiosks
The T-Mobile APP brings you freebies each Tuesday – last week’s $7 PetSmart coupon fed a lot of pets. This week you have FREE snack size wings at Buffalo Wild Wings, FREE movie rental from VUDU and Free LYFT Ride (up to $15). Sign up and save!
You’ll get a free trial of your choice of ALOHA products. Just pay $2.99 for S&H. Doing this will auto-enroll you into their monthly subscription service which includes 10% off all orders, free shipping and exclusive content. However, you can pause or cancel at any time. No commitments and satisfaction guaranteed.
Right now Noodles & Co is launching two new delicious salads – Napa Market Salad with Chicken, Pomegranate Vinaigrette and Crisp Apples, and our Chicken Veracruz Salad featuring Fresh-Cut Corn, Crispy Jalapeños and Fresh Avocado – Made. Different. with REAL Food and REAL Flavors. You and a guest are invited for a Special Sneak Peek event to give them a try before they are available to the general public! Space is limited – Please RSVP for either Monday, 5/23 or Tuesday, 5/24 (from 11-8) and you’ll receive a free entrée salad, no purchase necessary. After you have given one a try tag a picture of your salad and select fountain beverage on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with #NoodlesWorldTour.
Their locations are not listed in alphabetical state order, so scroll down until you find your own state and restaurant. I already got mine!
Today, April 12th, from 12-8 only, get a free ice cream cone from a participating Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shop. The link takes you directly to a store locator page. Illinois has only two shops participating but if you live in California or Florida, you hit the mother lode. Ben & Jerry’s has been holding their Free Cone Day since 1979!
Actually, these five pound boxes of Manischewitz are FREE with the coupon in the weekly Jewel ad and/or the new Big Book of
Crap Savings. Buy one box marked $14.99 on the shelf and $12.99 comes off as a promotional discount. Use the $2 mfr coupon and pay low tax. You have to run multiple transactions to get the discounted price because $12.99 only comes off the first one. It’s rough finding these crackers – I’ve been to lots of different Jewels and either found nothing or very limited Passover products (this was the Lombard Jewel on Roosevelt). These boxes have five individual boxes, each of which has three bags with six matzos each, so you don’t have to worry about them going stale, although how you’d tell the difference from fresh ones I couldn’t say.
What can you do with this pretty bland cracker? Well, there’s always squirrels and birds to feed, but if you’re looking for recipes, there are some ugly ones and tasty ones online. I like these ones from Shape ’cause they include candy, cake, soup and more.
If you’re a member of MyPanera, check your email for this offer: One free bagel every day in April is on your card! Offer doesn’t include spreads, but heck, I always choose the toasted with butter option anyway! Limit one per day. Hope this isn’t an April Fools Day joke from them…
Mark your calendars, because April 12, from 12-8 only, get a free ice cream cone from a participating Ben & Jerry’s Scoop Shop. The link takes you directly to a store locator page. Illinois has only two shops participating but if you live in California or Florida, you hit the mother lode. Ben & Jerry’s has been holding their Free Cone Day since 1979!
It’s Chipotle’s GuacHunter, the game where you spot the five differences between two sets of photos. Three sets of photos and they’re timed. Don’t worry if you time out, ’cause frankly, they’re really nit-picky differences! But never fear, you’ll win a freebie no matter what! Enter your name and cell and they’ll send you a text (like the free burrito a while back). Limit one per mobile device.